North Lanarkshire Update


Here's another FOI request I've submitted to North Lanarkshire Council.

The pay model (1BV15C) mentioned in my FOI request was rejected by the Council's  Corporate Management Team (CMT) back in August 2005 and while the formerly secret CMT report says that this was replaced by a 'better' pay model, I suspect the real grounds were cost.

Which is why I have asked to see the detailed analysis of 1BV15C because it will become clear very quickly whether or not this model would have resulted in a more favourable outcome for the Council's predominantly female jobs. 

One thing I would say is that job evaluation and equal pay is supposed to be a completely transparent process, so that the workers whose jobs are affected can have confidence in whats going on and that important decisions are not being made by small groups of people, with their own agendas, behind closed doors.

So instead of dragging all these details out of NLC, bit by bit, you would think that the Council leadership would agree to put all the information on its web site - for all to see.     


6 February 2015
Gavin Whitefield
Chief Executive
North Lanarkshire Council

Dear Mr Whitefield

FOISA Request 

I would like to make the following request under the Freedom of Information Scotland Act 2002.

Please provide me with a copy of detailed analysis of pay model 1BV15C referred to at Paragraph 2.3 of the report to the Council's Corporate Management Team (CMT) dated 11 August 2005. I assume this 'analysis' was presented to the CMT in the form of a written report and would ask that you provide me with a copy of that document along with its Appendices.       

I look forward to your reply and would be grateful if you could respond to me by e-mail to: markirvine@compuserve.com
    
Kind regards



Mark Irvine



Popular posts from this blog

LGB Rights - Hijacked By Intolerant Zealots!

SNP - Conspiracy of Silence