Get in the Hole!



I can't be the only person in the world driven to distraction by idiot spectators who  follow the big golf matches and shout "Get in the hole" every time a ball is hit in the general direction of its intended resting place.   

I stayed up late to watch Rory McIlroy win the PGA championship in Kentucky the other night, but felt myself wanting to strangle these stupid ass holes who irritate and intrigue me in equal measure.

Because what kind of person behaves in this way each and every time the ball is struck?

Especially when the ball is flying off in completely the wrong direction, winging its way towards some hazard, a different fairway perhaps, or even ending up out of bounds.

Yet still these morons shout out "Get in the hole" as if their entreaties to the ball are going to help the likes of Rory McIlroy or Tiger Woods.

But as I'm not a real golf fan, I suspect I'll never know what motivates a person to behave in this way - because I don't play golf (spoils a good walk as they say) and I'd rather watch it on the TV than stand in the wind and rain for three or four hours.

So if anyone knows the reason why these dumb ass people keep shouting "Get in the hole", I'd be grateful to know because it's driving me (no pun intended) completely crazy.

Well done to Rory McIlroy, by the way, he did himself and the country proud with his controlled power play in the last nine holes.      

Popular posts from this blog

SNP - Conspiracy of Silence

LGB Rights - Hijacked By Intolerant Zealots!