Life and Death

My Life My Death My Choice

I've just signed the petition in support of Margo MacDonald's bill on assisted suicide which is now being taken forward in the Scottish Parliament by her colleague, Patrick Harvie, the Green MSP.

My reason for doing so is simple - the job of a parliament is to reflect the will of the people and on this issue the majority of people are clearly agreed that they want more control over the manner in which their lives finally come to an end.     

For those of a religious persuasion no one is arguing for change and people are free to believe life is sacred or 'God given' if they so choose, while the safeguards built into the bill will protect the vulnerable from exploitation.

So it comes down to freedom of choice and the ability of people in certain circumstances to live or end their own lives - without the undue interference of others who seek to impose their own religious or other views.

Makes perfect sense if you ask me.

Read more at: www.lifedeathchoice.org.uk

Popular posts from this blog

LGB Rights - Hijacked By Intolerant Zealots!

SNP - Conspiracy of Silence